See text below for Coronavirus update as of 03/19/2020
Welcome To Magness Orthodontics
Specialists in Orthodontics for Children and Adults
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
1. At this time our office plans to reopen for our patients as soon as possible. At this time, the date we plan to reopen is April 6, 2020. If you or your child had an appointment with us on 3/16, 3/17, or 3/18, please check your email for a treatment update from your orthodontist, Dr. Marla Magness-Myers. Be assured your chart has been reviewed by Dr. Magness-Myers and she has composed an email for your specific case. Kindly reply to let her know you read the email.
2. Dr. Magness-Myers and her staff are available to you to answer any questions you have or orthodontic emergencies. Please call the office at 281-486-8231 Monday-Thursday from 8:00-5:00. After regular business hours, Dr. Magness-Myers can be reached at 713-419-7999.
3. Our office will call you to reschedule your appointment. We are opening the office additional days to ensure our rescheduled patients see us as soon as possible.
4. If you need more rubber bands or elastics, either call the office and we will mail a pack to you, or stop by the office. We have a brown envelope taped to the front door filled with wax and rubber bands.
5. Pray. Breathe. And love each other.
from all of us,
Dr. Marla Magness-Myers, Carman, Lisa, Megan and Amanda.
It has been recommended by the American Dental Association (ADA) and our government leaders that dentists suspend all elective dental appointments for three weeks beginning yesterday, March 16, 2020.
Magness Orthodontics is following this recommendation and will be closed until April 3, 2020. At this time, we hope to reopen our office on Monday, April 6, 2020.
Please call 281-486-8231 if you have an orthodontic emergency or questions related to your treatment.
Dr. Marla Magness-Myers can be reached at 713-419-7999,
Please see ADA recommendation:
ADA Calls Upon Dentists to Postpone Elective Procedures (March 16, 2020)
The American Dental Association (ADA) recognizes the unprecedented and extraordinary circumstances dentists and all health care professionals face related to growing concern about COVID-19. The ADA is deeply concerned for the health and well-being of the public and the dental team.
In order for dentistry to do its part to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, the ADA recommends dentists nationwide postpone elective procedures for the next three weeks.
Concentrating on emergency dental care will allow us to care for our emergency patients and alleviate the burden that dental emergencies would place on hospital emergency departments.
As health care professionals, it is up to dentists to make well-informed decisions about their patients and practices. The ADA is committed to providing the latest information to the profession in a useful and timely manner.
Dr. Marla Magness-Myers
Magness Orthodontics is continuing to track the developments regarding the COVID-19 "Coronavirus" outbreak in the United States. The prevailing protocols suggest reducing interpersonal contacts to minimize the virus' transmission, with the hope that it is seasonal and that its spread will slow until the peak season has passed. This is why you have seen suspensions and cancellations with the major sports leagues, schools and festivals. The hope, again is that schedules will return to normal once this peak season has passed and the risk of transmission in lower.
The primary means of the virus' transmission appears to be through entries to the respiratory system, especially the nose and mouth. We have therefore decided to postpone the appointments currently scheduled for the next 14 days: March 16-March 29, 2020. We will make decision for the following weeks as the circumstances unfold. We believe this is the responsible thing to do to prevent further spread and minimize the burden on the medical community.
We are always here for emergencies.
You can call us at the office to schedule orthodontic emergency appointments or ask questions at: 281-486-8231.
You can reach Dr. Marla Magness-Myers at 713-419-7999.
Lisa and Amanda will contact you to reschedule your appointment.
Carman and Megan will assist Dr. Marla as needed to take care of any orthodontic emergencies.
very truly yours,
Dr. Marla Magness-Myers
We are an orthodontic practice grounded in the values established by our founder, Dr. Robert Magness. We are not a high-volume practice, we provide quality results. By quality, we mean orthodontic treatment that creates an esthetic balance between the face and teeth, perfection in the final alignment of the teeth, correction of the bite and long term dental health. People notice our work. We strive to make our patients look like they never wore braces—just born with beautiful teeth.
Robert W. Magness, D.D.S.
Marla Magness-Myers, D.D.S., M.S.
2508 Bay Area Blvd
Houston, TX 77058
Models used were actual patients treated at MagnessOrthodontics